Saturday, January 26, 2013

Guard Your Heart (Emotions)

Yesterday I talked about our thought life and how important it is to guard our minds.  Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.  Today I’ll talk about guarding our emotions.

Even as I write this there were two issues that happened.  I was confronted by two different people over icky situations.  I could feel my emotions turning toward the negative.  I had to preach to myself to forgive those involved and I prayed for wisdom on how to handle each situation.

The enemy wants to rob us of our joy and peace - all the time- but especially during hard times.

When STUFF happens- of course we’ll have emotions (we’re humans)- just don’t let the emotions have you.  Be the one in control of your thoughts and emotions.  Pray.  Find a scripture (or more) that speaks to the situation.  Speak those scriptures over the situation.  Believe that God has a plan and can handle the tough times.  He loves you.

Remember speak TO the mountain - not about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment