Thursday, July 25, 2013

How To Get the Pinterest Pin It Button

I read so many sites.  I tried watching a YouTube video.

Why did everyone make this so hard?

This is how easy it is to put the Pinterest "Pin It" Button on your blog.

STEP 1

Go to Pinterest.

STEP 2

Click on the lines to the left top of the screen.  I have a screen shot below.  Look for the 'purple' "click here >"


My Pinterest Main Page



Click the "About" button (see above).


Click on "GOODIES" (above)


Scroll down (screen shot 1 of 2)


Screeon shot 2 of 2

Click in the PIN IT circle.


Ok- here it is.  The URL, Image, and Description need to be entered.  Then click "BUILD IT!".

Like this (See below)
I cleared out the 'demo' fields that Pinterest prepopulates.

Now I am going to add my Blog post to the URL.  I'm going to pull up the blog post I want and go to the address bar... right click on the address and click 'copy'.



Now I'm going to 'paste' it in the URL field on the Pinterest page.



Then I'm going to get my picture or Image I want for the post.


I had already pasted the images URL when I did that screen shot.

Lastly, put whatever you want to in the description.  This blog is about my fiction book about to be released!  Yea!  I'm so excited.  So I'm going to put "Prepared- The Beginning" as my description.



NOW!!!  Click the build it button right below the "Description"

(This will go so much faster as you do it) This is becoming a llloooonnnnggggg blog!) :)

The screen pops up with the 'coding' you need.





Copy the whole entire link in that box.  And paste it in your blog.... but first....
Go to your blog post.  Select "Edit".  Click the HTML button at the top on the page.



Now.... scroll to where you want your button and paste the script link from the Pinterest widget page- the arrow is pointing to where I pasted mine.



Now go get the JAVA script line and paste it.  Pinterest tells a good place to paste it but I just paste it at the bottom below where I pasted the script.





Then click "Update"  at the top!

Tada!!  You did it!  You computer genius you!  Whew Hoo!

Way to Go!

See look- I'll go to my blog post and click the Pin It button and show you what pops up.



That's it.

I know.  I know it sounds like a lot... but it's a lot easier than reading all this.

Please feel free to ask me questions.  I check my comment section regularly.

Happy Pinning and Blogging!

Shared .......


1 comment:

  1. The gang at My Personal Accent thinks your post about How to get the Pintrest Pin It Button is WONDERFUL, and we would like to invite you to party with us at starting at 5:00 Thursday nights at our new Blog Strut Peacock Style Link Party to share your creative ideas. Come on over!! http://wp.me/P2Vf55-1K

    ReplyDelete